Photos NOT OK to edit
watering the garden

MJNgardenhose1.jpg

MJNgardenhose2.jpg

MJNgardenhose3.jpg

Ansco Titan w/ 90mm anastigmat
HP5+ (rated at ISO 200) in Sprint 1:9
f/11 @ 1/200

I think these turned out pretty good considering I was using sunny 16 shooting into the sun, and the camera has no focus assist. :lol:

Agreed; she has a lovely backlit, halo effect in all 3 images. Not bad at all!

The Cute Factor goes to #3, imo. What a doll! :D

damn, those are good. all 3 of 'em. I am really drawn into your daughters world (Maisey?) with these photographs. Can't imagine the exposures getting any better than what you got here

Great shots Matt epecially considering you shot into the sun. I like the third one the best. The borders and tone are also really great on these pictures.

These are adorable.

Some of my favorite memories are when my boys were this age and helped water the garden - thanks for sharing and rekindling those moments.

When you say the camera has no focus assist - does that mean the viewfinder is wysisyg and you basically guess the distance to set the focus?

Beautiful shots, Matt! Love the contrast, and she's adorable!

I've always wanted to work up the nerve to try out one of those folders, but I suck at estimating distance!

Tammy said:
When you say the camera has no focus assist - does that mean the viewfinder is wysisyg and you basically guess the distance to set the focus?

Yes, the viewfinder is a square hole cut in the body above the lens, and not a very accurate representation of what you're going to get, particularly under 10 feet. The Titan does have a DOF scale though; I try to stay between f/8 and f/16 to keep the DOF as high as possible because I also suck at guessing distances accurately, although I'm getting better.

One thing I didn't mention: to my back is a big white garage door which acted like a reflector, helping deal with the contrast some.

exposure - perfect, backlit - great!
i just love 3 of 3! -;)))

...and i like them together.
there's a kind of 'story' here (imo)- :lol:
#1 - "hrmmmm....what do we have here....?...sure we can do a lot of things with this little hmm...apparatus ...."
#2 - "hey, what happened.....must be another way to make a good use of this thing!"
#3 - "!!! - here i am!"

he he - i loved watering the garden with a hose when i was a child ...making a raindrop to see the rainbow...-;) - and i still love it!

Great job with the exposure KS, I would have guessed you'd used a little fill flash.

that is very sweet! i love it. i wish the car wasnt there :(

mrsid99 said:
Great job with the exposure KS, I would have guessed you'd used a little fill flash.

I'm still trying to track down the adapter that'll allow me to use a modern sync cord, and there may be some issue of flash timing depending on whether the camera was designed for electric flash or flash bulbs.

If you look at my avatar, that thing sticking out of the lens/shutter at about 2:00 is the flash post.

photong said:
i wish the car wasnt there :(

I know what you mean, but for me it actually adds to the story in the photo. That's the first car she ever rode in. It's the car our family uses in this part of our lives. To me the car isn't as bothersome as the apartment complex across the street, but at the same time, that is part of our neighborhood, and has it's place in this image.

The sort of photos I take when using this camera are very documentary in nature. Partly because I carry this camera for when I don't know that I'll be taking pics; so it tends to be my family snaps and "street photography" (which here in KS I prefer to call "gravel road photography" :wink: ) camera. Also, the necessity of using large DOF to help with focusing means the background and surroundings are always part of the picture. When I'm looking for a more created image I break out other gear.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back