Watermark

mtfenn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a simple project where I want to take about a thousands pictures and watermark the filename of the picture onto the pictur in the side of the picture. I have photoshop CS but can't seem to find any information that that program can handle it.

Does anyone know of a simple program I can get (or preferentially a plug-in for photoshop) to do this. I'm a college student and really would prefer to find something free that I can use. All I need is just a way to get the filename onto the prints. Thanks

This is a non-trivial task to impose a constantly changing text line on a graphics image and then rasterize it and save it as a graphics image.

Can you consider printing them as large thumbnails?

I found this site (http://slideshow-refinery.com/tnrv4.html) that advertises a thumbnail generator very cheap (29.95 USD) that seems able to put the filename as a watermark on the thumbnail, although they don't mention the feature and it looks like it generates fairly large thumbnails.

let us know if this works out.

T_T

I'm pretty sure you could use PS to automatically insert the watermark using an action.
Record the action once and then set it up to perform that action on the folder containing the images.
I'm not sure how PS wold handle the placing of the watermark on portraits if you set it as a landscape action but even then all you'd need to do is perform the action twice - once on portriats and once on landscapes then set it to perform those actions on the appropriate files.

Automated actions and batch processing is excellent and works a treat but i've never used it to insert one image into another. I don't imagine it would make a huge difference to PS though.

I'm pretty sure you could use PS to automatically insert the watermark using an action.

I spent some time with this and think that, without someone smarter than I to write a script to extract the filename from the exif, I can't write the filename into a picture with an action.

Most reactions

Back