Waterproof Camera Bag

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by eddiesimages, Aug 22, 2006.

1. eddiesimages

eddiesimages TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I am looking for a waterproof camera bag and saw the Lowepro DryZone backpack model advertised. It looks like what I'm looking for, but I will have to order through the mail without looking at it first because nobody around here carries it. Has anyone ever used one? What about the Lowepro brand in general?

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have a few Lowepro bags and I can vouch for their quality. They are very well made and well thought out.

I've seen Dry-zone bags at my local store but I've never actually used one. They look pretty good. Another option would be a hard case like something from Pelican.

I have a Lowepro 'AW' bag (all weather). It has water resistant fabric and a built-in rain cover. Not water tight like a Dry-Zone but good for what I need it for.

3. eddiesimages

eddiesimages TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the input, Big Mike.

4. rmh159

rmh159 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Any other reputable bags you could recommend? I know Lowepro is a popular brand but I'm a newb in this area.

Ideally I'd like a sling bag that could hold a body, maybe 2 lenses and accessories & tripod. I'd LIKE to spend under $100 but... it'd just depend on what's available.

Any recommendations?

5. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Check out Lowepro, Tamrac, Tenba...

The best thing you can do, is to find a well stocked camera shop and look at the bags first hand. I thought that I wanted something like the Orion Trekker until I actually found them in a camera store...way too small for my needs. Plus, you can try them on and see how comfortable and convenient they are. A good store should even let you test the bag by putting your equipment into it for a test fit.