Waters Edge

katy625

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I posted a colored version in the beginners gallery and someone suggested it in B&W...so here is my try at B&W. Let me know your thoughts...

tree6-1.jpg

Interesting shot.

The blown out grass and trees in the backround of the scene is so contrasty that it draws my eye there, a little distracting. Also, this shot could be greatly improved with the use of a polarizer. The water looks muddy which doesn't really fit my immpression of the scene. Also reflections could add more balance to the photo.

But, other then those little technical details, turned out good.

Interesting shot.

The blown out grass and trees in the backround of the scene is so contrasty that it draws my eye there, a little distracting. Also, this shot could be greatly improved with the use of a polarizer. The water looks muddy which doesn't really fit my immpression of the scene. Also reflections could add more balance to the photo.

But, other then those little technical details, turned out good.

I toned down the blown out grass in the forefront but the muddy waters was unfortunately a product of a cloudy day over a muddy pond in tx. Even in color I couldn't get it to look right.

tree6-1-1.jpg

The blown out grass and trees in the background of the scene is so contrasty that it draws my eye there, a little distracting.

Me too, but I don't mind my focus being there. The dark trunk of the tree through the "spotlight" on the grass grabs my attention and mostly keeps me in the picture. Of course, if your main focal point was intended to be the water, it's an issue. ;)

I agree on the water - a reflection would have been really cool, but muddy water will foil that every time! Ack!

I haven't looked up the color version of this shot yet, but I do enjoy the contract of the leaves in b&w - I'm wondering if those contrasts stand out as much in the color version. Which way do you like it better - color or b&w?

Thanks for sharing!

No, for me the focus was not on the water. I was more intersted in the whole picture or composition of how the trees lined the shore line and the one in front tree was very interesting to me.

Nor have I seen the colour version as yet. This image works very well.

Nicely done Katy. I like the tonal range and the textures.

Most reactions

Back