Waters Edge

cdryden

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
11700667_10206688220271780_6282229178527527555_o.jpg

I like the picture, there's just that serene atmosphere going on here. The calm waterbed help a lot on that feeling.

I just have one thing to say about that image though : Gosh... that branch in the middle is making my OCD flip out.

I think the image would have won so much more point if it wasn't for that branch.

Great image nonetheless

This brings up a good question. I wonder how others feel about "changing" the areas that they photograph. I'm not talking about pulling a weed or two but possibly pruning back branches or something more substantial like that? There have definitely been times I have wanted to but I opted not to. So, I'm curious what others have been doing?

This brings up a good question. I wonder how others feel about "changing" the areas that they photograph. I'm not talking about pulling a weed or two but possibly pruning back branches or something more substantial like that? There have definitely been times I have wanted to but I opted not to. So, I'm curious what others have been doing?

If you're talking about doing actual yard work to an area that doesn't belong to you, then no, I would never even consider that. But, of course, you can do whatever you like in post.

I wonder how others feel about "changing" the areas that they photograph. I'm not talking about pulling a weed or two but possibly pruning back branches or something more substantial like that?
Agree with Bryston3bsst... if you're talking in post processing, absolutely. If you mean physically removing branches from trees, absolutely not. Leave the area exactly as you find it.

When I'm taking a shot, I'll remove something from a scene if it's easy enough to move it. If there's a plant or branch partially obscuring my view, I might ask a friend to hold the branch back while I take the shot. But this branch is up in the tree and not easy to just have someone hold it out of the way.

For this shot, I'd try either lowering the camera height (to get a clean shot of that far shoreline without the branch) OR possibly moving in a bit closer (which means the branch will naturally be higher in the frame due to the new camera position.).

I would not (as others have said) prune a tree that wasn't mine to prune.

The shot is otherwise a great shot and I like the B&W treatment and framing. ...it's just that one branch.

Most reactions

Back