TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
Tuesday, April 26th 2005
Fire of unknown origin engulfs the upper level of
this house in the 600 block of east Jefferson street
in Waupun. Waupun Fire Department was on the scene until
1 AM fighting the blaze. No one was hurt in the fire.

housefire1s.jpg

housefire2s.jpg

housefire3s.jpg

housefire4s.jpg

housefire5s.jpg

My brother took the following picture. You see me on the right side of the picture taking pictures.
housefire6.jpg

Oh :(
This beautiful house!

We saw a big fire in the distance, my daughter and I, yesterday night upon coming home from her swimming in the elite centre in Oldenburg. It was in the distance and we mostly only saw the orange (flickering) sky. We still need to find out what it was... I would guess that it was a farm burning... I am not one to go there and gawk, even though I did have all my cameras with me in the boot. But I would certainly be one who's not welcome at such a scene. I have no "doing" there - I don't photograph for any papers or news or so...

Do I have to add that your photos are always stunning?
Which one made the press?

yeah... poor people who lived there. beautiful house! Andy ou are quite brave you got there and took pics :) great series!
Did you sell it to the press? if so which one appeared in newspapers?

that's great... I'd like to have something published :) but I've never shot a scene like this

Yes, well, I would have expected the first to appear in the paper. It's the most graphic. So telling, with the flames searing out of the front and back window. Sad event.
You photograph for the press regularly, don't you?

When ever anything interesting happens in my area. I am lucky because I live in an area in between two papers that is a far stretch for either to get to, so I kind of fill in a void area for them both. They are happy when I can get the stuff so they do not have to do the drive.

Most reactions

Back