Way too much Junior College pride!

Restomage

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nathan, or as the staff on the campus newspaper like to call him, "Nate the Great", has a little too much college pride, especially for a commuter Junior College. Nonetheless, I took him out to the football field at high noon to capture this essence of pride. Let me know what you all think.

4583411674_83c29192b3_b.jpg

4583411886_079faa7cbc_b.jpg

You can see the falloff from the reflector on his legs in the first shot, but otherwise well lit and the pose definately shows pride (ironic or not). The second is kind of bland IMO, as he doesn't seem as excited or into it, but the lighting is a lot more even. If you could lighten up the legs a bit in LR or PS, #1 would be a fine shot; like the poster for a JC-themed movie.

You can see the falloff from the reflector on his legs in the first shot, but otherwise well lit and the pose definately shows pride (ironic or not). The second is kind of bland IMO, as he doesn't seem as excited or into it, but the lighting is a lot more even. If you could lighten up the legs a bit in LR or PS, #1 would be a fine shot; like the poster for a JC-themed movie.

Thanks for the comment. Yea I noticed that light falloff as well. No reflectors used here, just 2 bare Sb-600's.

Very nice, the subject is very colorful and nicely lit. It almost looks like the background is fake.

Personally I don't like that I can see the two shadows from the flashes, because there is still a very harsh shadow from the sun (which is one I would rather see in daylight).

I think if you would have actually shot lower and gotten more of a hero shot it would have also enhanced his spirit as well as gotten rid of the shadows.

It is a nice pose, simple and effective. The lighting is nice for the time of day, but as cfusionpm pointed out the fall off of light on the legs is a bit distracting and ruins the illusion of a brighter subject vs. darker background.

The first one really is the better of the two, but only from about knee length and up. The lighting in the second one is just a bit too harsh for the sweating he is doing and creates very strong highlights making him look oily.

I would say if he could give you another shot, to do a similar set up to #1 but change the angles a little bit. Also, it looks like you were already shooting up on him in #1 but I think you could actually push that a tad bit more.

Good shots, especially for some really harsh daylight.

The lighting on your model makes him look photoshop'd in, I'm no lighting pro but that just what I thought at first look. I do like the photos tho they gave me a laugh with the whole JC pride theme.

Most reactions

Back