Way, Way Underexposed....

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just shooting with available light with rather interesting results after PS.

Original......

7985-OriginalPhoeShotTPF.jpg

PS....+8 stops and +.63 Gamma. Details still held.....I'm surprised.

7985-Exposure8TPF.jpg

Any comments????

ANy Comments ???

Yes turn on the light next time you take picture of your phone :lmao:

No it is quite surprising that you can get so many details from an almost fully black picture, but of course you get the noise you desearve by making it bright with Photoshop

mat

ANy Comments ???

Yes turn on the light next time you take picture of your phone :lmao:

No it is quite surprising that you can get so many details from an almost fully black picture, but of course you get the noise you desearve by making it bright with Photoshop

mat

Actually the D70 was set to manual accidentally and I was just testing the AF of the lens. So the shot was not taken with exposure as a priority.

And yes, lots of noise showed up.

Thanks......

What lens?

And yeah it really is amazing that the sensor still picks that up.

What lens?

And yeah it really is amazing that the sensor still picks that up.

Nikkor 28-105: 3.5- 4.5D

That's what caught my attention. It's been discussed that it is better to overexpose, definitely not to this extreme, than to underexpose.....blow-outs. Details are still embedded and usable during post processing, i.e. useful for HDR processing.

Thanks....

It's been discussed that it is better to overexpose, (...), than to underexpose.....blow-outs. Details are still embedded and usable during post processing, i.e. useful for HDR processing.

You sure meant to put it the other way round!?!?!?

noise? what noise? :p

exp.jpg

yep. this was neatimage :) .. I got the full version to reduce grain in my scanned slides.

woa, how do you reduce noise in ps?

its crazy you recovered even that much detail

As Alex stated, he used a program call Neat Image.

In PS try filters>noise> and pick you poison. I did not do this in the originals. Alex did an excellent job reducing the noise in his edit.:)

Most reactions

Back