Weather Broke, Yesterday, So Some Nature Close-Ups & Macros

Cortian

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Couldn't decide whether these were "nature," "macro" or both, so "general" it is :)

Weather broke, yesterday. Since it was going to turn back, today: Rather than go work out after I got my chores done, I grabbed the camera, with my new Tamron 90mm macro lens on it, to see what I could capture. These were the best, with varying degrees of edits. Please let me know what you think.

Some snowdrops coming up.

IMG_5561-35pct+shrp.JPG

Macro, cropped and sharpened, of some of last season's withered Annabelle Hydrangia leaves. (Idea courtesy of a comment by @Dean_Gretsch.)

IMG_5575-crop+60pct+shrp.JPG

Macro, cropped & sharpened, of a piece of rope with moss growing on it.

IMG_5584-crop+55pct+shrp.JPG

Cropped & sharpened macro of an emerging Hyacinth.

IMG_5618-crop+51pct+shrp.JPG

Close-up of the end of a pine tree branch.

IMG_5624-35pct+shrp.JPG

Thanks for that mention. I do believe I like the Hydrangea best! I am envious of the plants coming awake from their winter's sleep.:)

Is your part of Michigan in the twilight zone?

I just cleaned up 5" of snow and running out of room to put it. Another 8-12 coming tomorrow. Is it just the UP that get's the snow? It'll be 2-3 months before I see ANYTHING green.

I just cleaned up 5" of snow and running out of room to put it. Another 8-12 coming tomorrow. Is it just the UP that get's the snow? It'll be 2-3 months before I see ANYTHING green.
Ah. I'm in S.E. Michigan. It hit something like 60F here a couple days ago. Rained it's a** off for three days, took a break yesterday, rained some more today. I think it hit 45F today? Only small traces of snow left around here.

Most reactions

Back