Weather forecast (or not)

Are weather forecasters accurate?

• Accurate on snow amounts but not locations.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Designer

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Now that the storm has materialized, please indicate your impression of weather forecasters' accuracy.

hm... I can't participate in this thread

:icon_pissedoff:

Will have to wait until it ends to see about the totals. It is much worse out there than it looks from inside.

They really blew this forecast. Out of two storms, we got about 2 inches total in my area of PA. The storm we had Saturday was bigger and dropped more snow than they said it would. In my opinion, weather forecasts were more accurate before all the new technology. To be sure of what the weather is these days, one must really look out the window!

They're only as accurate as the data that they have at their disposal. They predict based on modeling/data/observations, and sometimes things change last minute.

Getting nasty up here. Visibility is down to like 20 meters.

weather forecasters are employed by local grocery stores.

Packs of wolves are picking off some of the weaker townspeople.

Personally, I prefer that the forecasters err on the side of caution. Complaining about the storm that underwhelmed is better (and more entertaining) than finding oneself in a critical situation because the storm was worse than expected.

Getting nasty up here. Visibility is down to like 20 meters.
I think I've discovered your problem; You missed your turn and went into Canada.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back