weather proof?

patthebaker17

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ive had the nikon d3000 for 6 months now. but never really took it out of beautiful weather (i live in cali) ive shot it in a slight drizzle but that much water wouldnt do anything.
i was wondering how weatherproof the d3000 actually is. i understand its a plastic body but would is stand rain? 100 degree weather? aha

The answer to your question is in the instruction manual. If you expose the camera to conditions that are not acceptable by Nikon, you may not be able to receive warranty service from them.

I know this is not the answer you were hoping for, though :)

Wouldn't shoot in the rain with it. It is a entry level camera and the build was built to that standard.

If you want to shoot in the rain, try making a contraption to cover it out of a plastic bag or something similar.

I don't know, but I'd guess that it doesn't have any weather sealing (rubber gaskets around body openings & buttons etc.)
However, that doesn't mean that it will melt when the first rain drop hits is. I have a camera with no weather sealing (Canon 20D) and I got caught without a camera bag while in a torrential downpour in the rain forests of Costa Rica, the camera got soaked. But I just let it dry out and it's still going strong, 5 years later.
I wouldn't recommend testing this out, but it's nice to know that they aren't going to blow up at the first sign of water.

Most reactions

Back