Weather Protected Lenses

obelus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm considering buying a pro body primarily for its weather protection and am considering the A77. However, I also need a wide angle zoom and a normal zoom that are weather protected, but it appears that Sony versions of these lenses are not. Is it the case that Sony does not carry wide and normal zooms that are weather protected? Thanks.

Thanks for the idea. I followed up and this company makes covers for Sony lenses, but only for one long one. I could probably just tape a plastic bag over the lens when the conditions are really bad.

Your comment reminded me ... Someone makes a rain cover that is much like a big plastic bag with an opening at the front for the lens, one at the rear for the eyepiece, and openings for your hands (I think). I can't recall who it is now but I'll see if I can dig it up. A guy I know in Australia uses one and he swears by it for wet weather. I'll see if I can come up with a name for you.

Edit ... Think Tank Hydrophobia

Last edited:
SCraig said:
Your comment reminded me ... Someone makes a rain cover that is much like a big plastic bag with an opening at the front for the lens, one at the rear for the eyepiece, and openings for your hands (I think). I can't recall who it is now but I'll see if I can dig it up. A guy I know in Australia uses one and he swears by it for wet weather. I'll see if I can come up with a name for you.

Edit ... Think Tank Hydrophobia

It is certainly a robust-looking solution! The cover reminds me of the bags for changing rolls of film in bright light. Many thanks!

Have you considered the A77's kit lens? It is as weatherproof as the body. Plus sony has their G lens lineup that offers high quality and weatherproofed lenses

Most reactions

New Topics

Back