Weatherbeaten shed with rusty roof

Colours are nice, but I am left wondering what the entire shed looks like. Do you have an image of it?

WesternGuy

No, it was a really tight squeeze between it and the garage. I was much more interested in getting a balance between the colours and textures with no perspective or anything distracting. The rest of the shed is just a repetition of the patterns already displayed.

(In jest ;)), what if I did show a full picture of the shed? Your curiosity would be satisfied, "oh it's just a boring shed on a dull day," and I'd just have a shot of a boring shed on a dull day with an over processed sky... :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

I feel like there is too much of the roof in the shot (the and with the strongest color it is pulling my eye away from the rest). The high level of the shot also makes me feel like I am going to hit my head on the roof if I try to go through that door and seems to have given some distortion to the vertical lines (like the camera was tilted down to make the shot).

The door latch is also scrunched down near the bottom of the frame (I like old door hardware).

I'm not sure what it is that is keeping this from really jumping out, that may be why WesternGuy was asking about the whole shed shot.

As I remember the doors are quite low. I shall have it go back there on an overcast day (shouldn't be too hard to find one ;)). As I remember I only had a mediocre 35/2.8 MF at the time which is pretty useless wider than f8 and doesn't seem to light the colours up so it was shot with a Micro-Nikor 55/3.5 Ai at f8 1/40sec. I've since got an Nikkor OC 35/2 that's much better with colour and apart from the extreme corners is pretty good from f5.6 so might be able to shoot it portrait to the bottom of the door.

edited...

(In jest ;)), what if I did show a full picture of the shed? Your curiosity would be satisfied, "oh it's just a boring shed on a dull day," and I'd just have a shot of a boring shed on a dull day with an over processed sky... :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

:biggrin-93: Not necessarily. A colourful shed doesn't have to be boring, even on a "dull" day. IMHO. (Yes, my curiosity would be satisfied :icon_cheers:.)

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back