Web page booking calender?

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by CanonSnob, May 7, 2008.

1. CanonSnob

CanonSnob TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Any one know of some cool booking calendars I can throw up on my web site. Need to show when I am free and when I have prior shoots scheduled for my customers.

2. dslrchat

dslrchat TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    If you had a template for one, would you be able to edit the Tables/html with a text editor or front page/dreamweaver ?

3. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's generally not considered a good idea to show people when you are or are not booked. You want them to call/contact you. If they see that their date is booked...they won't even bother to call. If they have to call to find out...it starts a dialog...and maybe that could turn into other work etc.

Also, you want them to thing that you are busy and in-demand. If they see that you aren't booked at all...they may wonder why and move on to the next photographer.

4. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Mike makes some great points. But, I do have to admit that I have a calendar and I really like it. (It came with the design for my website so I don't have suggestions for you, sorry) I have it so that if I have a session on a particular date it'll say that the morning or afternoon or whatever is still available.
    I still have a lot of people who contact me for a date that I am showing booked so I guess I feel ok with it for now as I'd like to save time by not having to respond to messages where it's obvious that I can't help them. Also, I am getting more booked and I like having it show that I am working on the calendar. I feel that it makes me look a tiny bit more professional:)

5. dslrchat

dslrchat TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    How do you edit the data in the calander? (dates and times)
    text editor? or frontpage?

6. CanonSnob

CanonSnob TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Those are good points. I wouldn't have to worry about the calendar being open. Actually that's why I wanted it, was to A. show the fact that I am indeed in demand and B. to let people know what little open time I do have free to shoot for them to better arrange a time with me. But now that you mention the point of starting a dialog with them, I don't think I want to put one up anymore. That's a really good point. People might be put off by the fact that it will be hard to find time for a shoot, and just blow me off all together.

All ways thinking one step ahead Mike. :thumbup:

7. RyanLilly

RyanLilly No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Plus even if someone calls and you have a nice conversation, but you just can't fit them in, and they go somewhere else and are not happy, the first person they will come back to, is you. As long as you make a good first impression.

And if they like you they are more likely to move their schedule to accommodate you, but if they never call in the first place because your calender was booked, kiss the business goodbye.

8. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have a bludomain website (www.bludomain.com) and I just sign into the control panel and update everything from there. It's very easy.

Also, I have it written next to my calendar that they should still contact me even if it's showing as booked as there may be a way to fit them in on the same day. I think that's why I can still show what my general bookings are and they can see that I'm working and they still know that it's ok to contact me.