Web site guestbooks, advice please.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Silverpenguin, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Silverpenguin

Silverpenguin TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Right everyone, my new website is almost complete. I have added all the photos I currently want on there and all that is left is some links to other sites and more importantly a guestbook.

Has anyone ever tried the one available through active-scripts.net? I have tried to install it but it doesn't seem to work depsite me following the installation instructions to the letter :(

Are there any other free (and good!) guestbooks out there? I know the bravenet one is good but that only allows you to link to it via a button on your site and I do not want to use that as it ldoesn't fit with the look of my site. I need one that lets you link to it via a link in some text.

Any thoughts would be welcomed, once this issue is sorted out I can finish the site off :)

2. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

If you've got ActivePerl or similar then the free Perl noticeboard/guestbook scripts are pretty easily manageable and configurable. However, don't forget that the script languages need to match the server side programs and permissions.

Rob

3. Silverpenguin

Silverpenguin TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for your suggestion. Its all sorted now and the site up and running :)