Web site Submitions

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by wesd, Jul 3, 2007.

1. wesd

wesd TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I was just woundering what other photograohers have done for promoteing there web sites. I have been checking out different search engines to see if I can get some more traffic through them, as well as putting bannera on the bottom of my posts. I know I need to get some bussness cards togeather that way when I am talking to people about photography they can check out some of my work. What kinds of other things can I be doing?
    Wes

2. Fiendish Astronaut

Fiendish Astronaut TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Watermark your photos with your web address!

3. wesd

wesd TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thats a good idea I should do that both on here and on my web site. What I was thinking the other night at work is makeing up a bunch of those catchy myspace pics, and set a couple of them for free downloading. I figure if at least my friends and co-workers post them on there sites it might bring more traffic over to my site. The only drawback is there is a lot of myspace sites out there that I wound not want to attach my photographic name too, or let people think that all of my work is free. But ya from now on I will be watermarking all of my posted work, and maby more discreatly on printed work.
    Wes

4. Alpha

Alpha Troll Extraordinaire

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you're actually interesting in pursuing the search engine strategy, shoot me a PM. I've done quite a lot of search engine optimization consulting. Otherwise, you'll need about 3 years of studying to do it yourself. Reducing it down to "submitting to search engines" would be like simplifying driving to stepping on the gas pedal.