Website builder for photographers?

burstintoflame81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been looking into getting a website. I wan't something that can showcase me and that is a little more professional than a Flickr account. I was just curious if anyone has a website, who they use, and what they like or dislike about them? Also if you have a link to your site, feel free to post it. I would like something that has a basic easy to set up template type deal but leaves some room to make my site unique and also freedom to swap out pics/galleries at anytime.

I use bludomain.com. They have templates from $400 to $50. I used their $50 Cleo template for my website. You can view it at www.waxhawoutdoorphotography.com. My daughter who shoots semi-professionally uses a couple of their more expensive templates.

Awesome. I like the site. Do they actually host your site as well? Did you buy a domain name seperately or through them? Do they limit how many visits or bandwith you can have? Thanks for your recommendation.

Awesome. I like the site. Do they actually host your site as well? Did you buy a domain name seperately or through them? Do they limit how many visits or bandwith you can have? Thanks for your recommendation.

Thanks!

No, I use 'ICDSoft.com' to host it. I used Notepad++ to code it and FTP'd with 'FileZilla'. I do use Smugmug only for my Gymnastic photos which are password protected. Everything else is through my own server.

[FONT=&quot]For photographers like you, it is best to build your own website and make it as your online profile. If you have built your own, you can make experiments on what information you want to feed to your visitors. It’s a plus factor![/FONT]

My husband and I run an artisan black-and-white printing company, and for that, my husband built our website from scratch. We do use tumblr for the blog (a modified version of one of their templates). Duckrabbit Digital - Home

For my personal website, I have a template from indexhibit. You do have to know a little bit about coding, but once you get the template, it's extraordinarily easy to add new work and new categories. Home : Tempest NeuCollins

I used "wix.com" to design mine- under the recommendation of another photographer on these forums. I just copy the embed code from their site, and past it into my own web domain folder. It's been very simple, and worked great for all I need :) You can view the site in my signatre.

Smugmug :D. Love it link is in sig if you want to see how it can be.

hikinmike, your site looks great and I believe it's not using any flash. I know how to write html code and style sheets but I've been obsessing that I'm not familiar enough with flash to design a photo website. I might take some tips from your site and roll with it! Thanks for sharing :)

Check out the link to my website in my signature. If ya like it I can get you a pretty good deal on one and it's nice because I have the freedom to upload/remove pics and create new galleries whenever I want.

One option is to use a open source photo gallery script such as coppermine (Coppermine Photo Gallery)
or zenphoto. These are PHP scripts that needs to be installed on a host server. Quite a few templates available, but if you need to customize it becomes quite involved.

I used coppermine for my gallery, not quite finished yet as far as customization go Aurora Digital Paintings - Home

Most reactions

New Topics

Back