WEBSITE CRITIQUE

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A possible design for my website... any thoughts?

samplermtdemo22bg4.jpg

It seems a little monochromatic to be a photographers website I just do not like that tan color it looks so I don't know like a site for a pharmaceutical company or something I also think your pics need to be bigger

JIP said:
It seems a little monochromatic to be a photographers website I just do not like that tan color it looks so I don't know like a site for a pharmaceutical company or something I also think your pics need to be bigger

I sort of agree on the color.

As for the pics, when you click them they get bigger!

That's fine but the photography just seems to be an afterthought on your page it gives you no real reason to want to see more of the photography. Like I said it looks like some kind of lifestyle site like for a drug company no offense it is well designed and attractive I just think the photography should make a real splash on the first page especially if you are trying to promote yourself as a photographer.

Here is an update.

C&C PLEEEEEEEASE?

clientrmthompsonpho6cx2.jpg

I hate to be the only one doing this but the top part was not the problem there was already pics there I was referring to the bottom especially the part with your logo and all those tiny tiny letters and I have a 19" widescreen monitor

I would take the word professional out of there. For me, it's like going to "Billy Bob's Quality Cars" ... if you have to put quality, professional, etc. in the name, you all but instantly lose my interest.

However, on the same token, I love where it says "Concept Photographer" as it catches my interest, and I want to see more.

I agree that your thumbnails in the middle right could be bigger. All that tiny print under your logo is distracting - I can't even begin to read it (except just barely I can read your copyright notice), so it just looks like clutter.

The second, less orangey-tan design looks much better than the first in my opinion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back