Website feedback?

I'm such a dork.

No, you're not, you're sweet, and we've offered our comments in the spirit of wanting to help, so I hope you haven't taken anything too hard.

LOL no! I appreciate everything. I'm a picture maker, not a website builder/copy editor/graphic design extraordinaire. I need, and value, all the help I can get.

Aaaaand I've already changed most of what was suggested.

I was trying to look at it from my (gen 1) iPad last night and it kept crashing. Will compressing/saving for web help with this and load times?

I was trying to look at it from my (gen 1) iPad last night and it kept crashing. Will compressing/saving for web help with this and load times?

Yes, did you look at the speed test I sent you? You had several images that were over a MB. Ipad and other mobile devices don't have huge caches to store tons of data like PC's do so when you throw a bunch of huge files at it there will be crashes.

Also look into a mobile version of your site for extra client reach.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I was understanding :) I'll work on that today.

I do have a mobile version included with my domain - but it sucks and I don't really know if there's a way to change much about it. I'll have to research that.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I was understanding :) I'll work on that today.

I do have a mobile version included with my domain - but it sucks and I don't really know if there's a way to change much about it. I'll have to research that.

Well if you haven questions feel free to bounce them off me.

Thank you all! I am getting ready to head out so I can't respond to each comment, but I'll be taking everything into account!

Doe eyes... lmao. I'm such a dork.

Lol, nah, not a dork. And hey, don't feel bad--at least it's not like you're claiming to be a professional editor. I once had a boss, who had a journalism degree AND more editorial experience than I had at the time, who put in a memo that a particular issue was a "mute point" instead of a "moot point." She didn't live that down for a very long time.

I also got a letter from an individual that went to ALL the city and county bigwigs, announcing this new program for ending homelessness. Only instead it called it "Program to End Chronic Homeliness." :lmao:

As mentioned before, I find the font used to be a tad too curly...

The spacing of your logo between your two heading bars is not dead center. There is more space to the right than the left. Also Speaking about space and positioning, on your "About Jess" page the photo credits are overlapping with the image.

Then Im not sure if its just me, but I think that your heading bars would look better if they were aligned to the center line of your logo.
Here is a mock up to show what i mean:

$Mock up.jpg

I also altered your text. You said you want to appeal to a more "classier" market. To do that, I would lose the smiley faces first off, they simply just dont portray professionalism that your 'classy' market is looking for. I changed it from a first person perspective to a third person. I said that you may want to include a personal note, something along the lines of this: Bottle Bell Photography | About

Also, justifying your text makes for a much cleaner look. (note the type face has changed from what you originally had in the body of text, because I didn't have the fonts that you used)

Yes, did you look at the speed test I sent you? You had several images that were over a MB. Ipad and other mobile devices don't have huge caches to store tons of data like PC's do so when you throw a bunch of huge files at it there will be crashes.

How do you do a mobile version? How does the phone know to load that instead of the regular page? Is there a standard sub folder to put it into or something? :)

How do you do a mobile version? How does the phone know to load that instead of the regular page? Is there a standard sub folder to put it into or something? :)

Not sure how GoDaddy does it, but there are options on each element (line, button, text, image, etc) that I can check/uncheck to either show or hide the element on the mobile page.

I think the slide show is sort of awkward

Did you just check it out, Lew? I think that was one area I should have stuck to my intuition rather than suggestions. I don't like having the "variety" that it does now.

It varies in style so drastically that it gives a funny impression.
There are a couple of pictures I would certainly remove and a couple I'd upgrade for sure.

It varies in style so drastically that it gives a funny impression.
There are a couple of pictures I would certainly remove and a couple I'd upgrade for sure.

Thanks :) I changed it back to what I like and what I think represents me best; the photos I want people to see first. I ordered them in a way that makes sense to me - adults/engagements, maternity, babies and kids.

I think I know what you mean by upgrading; I've been working on optimization all day and I think I went a little too far with some of the compressing.

Most reactions

Back