Website Help! and Reviews!

ThornleyGroves

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Bournemouth, Manchester, Athens, Liverpool
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! So finally i set up my own website! All done in flash etc, but i really need reviews from you guys, the ones who love photography!

Basically can you tell me what you like, and what i can improve and just you basic thoughts on it!

Would really really help me!

Check it out....

Tom Groves Photographer - TG IMAGES

site looks nice to me...

i'd suggest that u edit down your photos though... you could probably show 25% of what you have there and have a stronger portfolio...

I found it interesting the first name my eye is drawn to on your web site isn't yours:

Jay Maisel

I then saw nothing that compelled me to look further.

Great first attempt, well done.

Now for improvements:

Does anyone else think the images are taking to long to load. (it may be my connection)
It may be my monitor or yours, but exposure (under) seems to be an issue, fashion and sports in particular.
I would review each of the sports shots and LEVEL the images.
also, lose the broad jump shot with the guys butt on top of the others head!

Bigger picture: what are you trying to promote with this site? The old axiom is you get what you show, to me it's indeterminate.

g

Your website looks great Tom!Very interesting approach!Looks very elegant and is different from what we are used to!

How can you say that the first name is Jay Maisel?It is more than obvious that this is just a quote!!!And a nice one!Do not you see the logo and the name tom groves on the page?

Comments.
I think that the only thing you should be careful about is the selection of the pictures.You should select the best images of each category cause if you keep uploading all very soon you will have a lot of images on the site and the visitor will get lost there.So choose some of your best in each gallery.

Keep on the good work Tom!
Site looks great to me!

Most reactions

Back