Website Help!

ThornleyGroves

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Bournemouth, Manchester, Athens, Liverpool
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, so i'm in the process of creating my own website, i have just bought my domain name 'www.thornleygrovesimages.com' from active domain.com. I am planning to make my website a java website a bit like studionb.com and going to try and do it my self, so have you got any tips on how to do it, as i am a complete beginner, also do i need to purchase web hosting and who's the best to use? thanks alot guys.

thornleygroves.

That is Flash, not java.

A site like that would requite a great deal of experence to build.
I would sugest you look at purchasing a flash templet that you can customize.

It should only take a couple of years to learn to build your own professional looking photography web site from scratch.

Start by learning to code web-standards compliant XHTML and CSS. Then learn to add interactive code with JavaScript and DOM Scripting. Once you have those well in hand you can approach Adobe Flash.

Don't forget to test your site in all the popular browsers. Each has it's peculiarities rendering text and images. Some are color space managed and some aren't.

There are thousands of web hosting outlets.

There is no best one. There are many best ones. One of the best is also where I rent all my domain names from: www.godaddy.com . I have used, and can recommend, GoDaddy's web hosting. I have used them in the past, but sold those web sites.

I recommend FileZilla - The free FTP solution for your FTP solution.

Happy coding! :thumbup:

Free templates are generally worth what you pay.

Flash sites are nice and "flashy", but a functioning (and by functioning, I mean easy to navigate and quick) website with html/css is 100x better than a mediocre flash site that looks purrrty.

If you are serious about you business, then just let a profession do the parts that you are not a profession in...ie Flash and coding.

Most reactions

Back