Website Host

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Lally0724, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Lally0724

Lally0724 TPF Noob!

Hi, I'm building a website in dreamweaver. I'm wondering who hosts your website, how do you go about getting them to host it, and how much does it cost?
    Thanks,
    Lally

2. hobbes28

hobbes28 Incredible Supporting Member

Here's a link to a good hosting solution. Whenever you go to have a site hosted, they will tell you everything you need to know. They will even give you discounts on the domain name registration most of the time.

You can also ask these questions on our Computer Help Forum, www.thesupportforum.com

Also, I use a few different providers for different reasons and packages. They include:

www.ipowerweb.com
    www.1and1.com and
    www.rtshosting.com

3. SLOShooter

SLOShooter TPF Noob!

There's so many out there. Some of it depends on what you want to. If your doing any programming behind the scenes and junk. Search around on the web and ask people you know that have sites already hosted.

Mine is hosted with 1and1.com and they do a great job. I think you can get hosting for as low as $6.00 a month.

4. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

I use my own hosting solution - anyone from the UK, territories or vaguely connected with Her Majesty :) is welcome to submit images for a gallery and e-mail address for free:

http://www.ukphotographs.com/hosting.html

5. jadin

jadin The Mad Hatter

I go through GoDaddy.com I get 2gig space and....

WOAH! I just looked at the site to find out the specifics, I now get 10gig space and 500gig monthly bandwidth for the same price! Only 9.95/mo!

This rocks, I was out of space too, and now I can actually back up dare I say all my photos??

I'm so happy! :lmao: :lmao:

6. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I get 5 gigs of space and 100 gigs of transfer at SiteGround at $5 bucks a month. No complaints here :)