Website Hosting question

Foxman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know many of you have your own site, maybe you pay, perhaps not. I am currently using webshots for free and it is what it is. My question is, is there a free site that I can use to host my shots and password protect them, preferably a site that will not compress the shots like so many sites such as Facebook or whatever.

I believe both Flickr and Photobucket will give you the option to make your images private via password. I'm unsure of the compression though; of the two I believe Flickr is the better. Others will doubtless have more and better information.

Flickr "Pro" is only about $25/year last I checked... lets you access your original upload and doesn't limit the number of photos like the free version. Might be another option for you. Depends on your intended use though, as for someone else to see the original file I think they will also have to have a "pro" account.

What about something like microsoft sky drive? Comes with hotmail I think. Used it once to send someone large files without using FTP.

Again probably depends on intended use.

I was really just curious about allowing access to the photo albums when I post a shot. Currently with Webshots, when I post a shot you can select properties and see the entire album or any other album with a little looking. If I were to password protect shots, I am guessing it would limit access from photo's that I may not want unlimited access too?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back