Website Inspiration/Help

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greg, the lead singer/sort of 'in charge' guy of the band that my boyfriend is in has asked me to be the band's photographer and to also re-do their website after he saw my photo of the powerpoints that I actually posted here a week or so ago. Yay! :cheer:
I was so excited when he asked me... coz it's the first person I know, apart from Adrian that I've shown my pictures too and he liked them!! Yippee.

Anyway, I'm hopeless at designing websites, but I said yes. so I'd get to be their photographer. hehehe... I'm evil.

But I need some help with the site. You know, coming up with a 'look' and a vibe. They want that sort of mysterious look (ie: B&W) but I'm not too sure after that. Anyways, it might help if you go and check out the powerpoint photos I posted. I don't have the link, and my work internet atm is **** and slow, so can't look it up. But maybe someone could post it here for me? Ta.

So what do you think are some good/great/amazing websites on the internet? - specifically for bands. Or what ideas would you love to see in a website that isn't there already. I've already got a list of, it must have this, and I'd like it to have this, and I'd like it to 'feel' like this. But what do you lovely people think?

I can help with coding and technical info...alright very basic coding...but ill help in any way I possibly can. Best website ive seen? this one...because its simple...dont overdo the "Ohh I can do that..." and "this...that....wow now you have 50 different links to click" the whole website doesnt have to be interactive, but a small bit of interactivness is nice.

www.winteria.co.uk, thats my bros band...

Oh I know what you mean about complicated-have-to-click-100-things-before-you-get-to-the-page websites. I hate them with a vengance! But I still wanted something with a bit of quirkiness - or just that little bit something different, be that in the colour scheme, or with little extras - like wallpapers or mp3s.

And thanks Dan, I'll probably definately call on you for help with coding. All I know is the really basic stuff and I only learnt that from just touching up my blog code.

Well, my brothers site is very basic, and you can listen/download some of their music, so when it does get up and going check it out, im surprised its down.
Their theme is a childs cartoon drawn and its the background for their website...so, whats your bands like...sign?

<-----

They don't really have a sign though as such... or I'm sure they'd be willing to change it. The last guy who designed their image was more of a website creator, rather than a design guy.

They're called The Meadows, and the music they do is pretty melancolic and lonely feeling, but still big strong love tunes. It's a little hard to describe.

hahahaha Nah. i think you misunderstood. Look at my avatar. That's their current sign. Not the best logo.

hehe itll do....then maybe make a splash page with just that picture? then just start with a front page a small bit about em?

I'm thinking a bright photo of a field full of flowers for the main page. You cut up the edges in photoshop and make them jaged. Then (I think photoshop can do this, PSP can anyway) you cut the photo up, and export it as a html page. You cna then open up those images and edit them into new versiosn with text on them which will be your links. Then edit the page to make those images show up when you roll-over the photo.

Erm, that makes sense, right?

Ummm. i think so. That sounds pretty cool. I like the chopped up idea. Thanks you're a legend.

I say, a nice white background. Black writing. Have it in table sort of thing... so nice thing black lines going down the page...

Have a menu off to the side... You can use PHP so that the menu comes up the same on every page, then if you have to add something, you only add it once, and it will go on all pages... (I can help you with that if you need)...

And I would say for the font: times new roman in italics...

And I think you should make it nice and simple. I hate cluttered sites...

Oh, and you need a page for pics of the band... And a gig page. and a discography...

I would work it kinda like, say you were going to the lyrics page...

Index Page > click link to lyrics page > choose song.

Does that help? Add me to MSN if you need more stuff. [email protected]

Thanks Alecia. Good ideas. I've always wondered how to make only one menu bar - instead of having to do it on every single bloody page.
What's PHP?

Also does anyone know any good 'font' sources on the internet. I have only about 20 in my Photoshop and I desperately need some more.

Umm. for the menu - just make one page, put all the info on it... Format it like you would a normal page....

Then on all the pages that you want the menu to show up, put this code:

< ?php include("menu.html");? >

(take out the spaces.)

Save all the pages that include that as .php so like index.php lyrics.php, etc... Whoever is hosting the site will need to have PHP installed - but that is pretty much standard these days.

Let me know if you need anymore help. But I am off to bed for now... Have to work at 8.30 in the morning...

Oh. I googled this too: http://www.1001freefonts.com/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back