Website on wix

herky873

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm making a website on wix for fun. I'm a little worried about someone using my photos wo permission. Not that they are gonna enough for that but does wix protect your images.

I'm making a website on wix for fun. I'm a little worried about someone using my photos wo permission. Not that they are gonna enough for that but does wix protect your images.
Even if it did, I can assure you that if a photograph is visible on a website, any website, anyone with some basic computer knowledge have a way to get it off it. The simplest solution would be to upload lower resolution images, which would also hurt your case if someone is looking at the pictures full screen or at a very high resolution screen.
I for one don't really care about it, I don't think you should either; at least not until you're a real celebrity in the photography world.

Last edited:
Exactly what Raj said. Your best protection is low resolution images, sized no more than 800 pixels on the longest dimension. I would guess that since Wix is a free service, the security featureset is going to be minimal if it exists at all.

once you figure out how to disable someone's printscreen function let me know.

If you want to quickly disable the right click menu from appearing, add a class to your image preview DIV and then use this css:

.unselectable {
-webkit-user-select: none; /* Chrome all / Safari all */
-moz-user-select: none; /* Firefox all */
-ms-user-select: none; /* IE 10+ */
-o-user-select: none;
user-select: none;
}

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back