Website Purchase

hawee99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
never heard of em. Their feedback looks good, but I'm not sure.

Me personally, I wouldn't buy from them...but I can't really back it up with legitimate reasons.

I like B&H.

Stay FAR, FAR AWAY from those people. It's all a scam. They'll sell you the camera for that, sure, but it won't have a battery, charger, software, or anything else and they'll keep telling you it is backordered until they pressure you into buying the "accessories" at a marked up price. Just google "best price camera scam" and you can read and read and read until your eyes fall out. Stick to Adorama or B & H Photo for your stuff...they have the most competitive prices going. See KEH Camera for used stuff.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Best_Price_Cameras_6

Greg

Ya I just did some research. All that feedback has to be fake...cause nobody has ever had a satisfactory sale from them.

Lots of referral sites have "bargains" that are anything but..... I suspect they're sham sites or rate based on how much a vendor pays.

This site lists impartial - and in my experience, accurate - reviews. The seem to make an effort to root out fake positives - and link the scam places operating under different names so you get a clearer picture

http://www.resellerratings.com/rlist-s1-n2.html

I've bought from ePhotoCraft in VA, Norman Camera in Mich and others after checking them out here - never been disappointed.

Some other places with mixed reviews (Tristate, Abe's of Maine) have been OK but that's with the understanding that something is gray market.... (and a willingness to pay to get something hard to meet a time-sensitive need)........

If you think something is too good to be true, it usually is - and if it's in NYC, particularly Brooklyn, you can usually bet on it..... there are a bunch of scam artists using a ton of different names - all with the same MO........ bait and switch at best to outright fraud at worst.

and IMO, the big legit NYC stores - B&H, J&R etc - are a bit pricey if you have to deal with NYC tax, and while they're OK most of the time, watch out for bad stuff put back on the shelf....... My experience has been that the big places simply don't seem to care all that much - smaller places (brick and mortar with a web presence) have been much more responsive

yea after reading more I see all that. thanks. I just wanted to hear it from others. he will be dissapointed, but for real, if it was true I would buy like ten and then re sell em ha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back