Website questions

Discussion in 'Personal and Professional Photography Websites' started by mortallis288, Nov 3, 2007.

1. mortallis288

mortallis288 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I am in need of a portifolio website, and i know basic html. But my questions are, Do i have to manually put every single photo in there using code or is there a program i can use for this. Also, about how many hours am i looking into building this, a good looking one?

2. Sideburns

Sideburns TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Just use Dreamweaver or something...
    I know you know html, but it is probably a better idea to make sure your code is xhtml compliant as per the W3C's outlines.

3. mortallis288

mortallis288 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I do not have dreamweaver is the big thing, so how much would dream weaver cost me?

4. Chris of Arabia

Chris of Arabia Herding cats since 1988... Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I've not looked at my own copy, but I believe that PS Elements has some capabilities towards creating photo pages, guessing that the full versions have something in them too. If all else fails, then resort to Notepad... ;)

5. mortallis288

mortallis288 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    you know if i had to bet, i would be willing to bet that a computer around my campus has dreamweaver on it....

6. vinnychirayil

vinnychirayil TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Fastest solution :

A basic template with all your photos can be easily done in Photoshop. Just select your photo folder & the software will automatically generate the html's for you ! Its neat & takes only a few seconds to do.

Alternate solution :

Either you could now proceed to tweak the Photoshop generated html's or use Frontpage / Dreamweaver to create something from scratch. You could also download a site that appeals to you and modify that html using the mentioned softwares - its like using a readymade template. Just replace all elements & text with yours. As you gain confidence, you can re-design it. Regarding access to software, beg, borrow, whatever works.

Checkout sites like pbase.com, flickr.com and blogspot.com
    You might not even want to do anything else. Hope this helps.

For a good one, give yourself a few weeks. I spent 3-4 months to finish mine : http://vinnyc.110mb.com