Website Redesign

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey gang, I just finished updating my website and slightly redesigning. I'd love any feedback you have, and if you see any bugs please let me know :p There's still a bit of fine-tuning to do, but I wanted to have it live by today.

http://mattperko.com/

Very good looking website. A bit unpersonal, but very slick. Congratulations, it looks good. And your photos are stunning!

A few suggestions.

- You might want to consider putting up thumbnails.
When I want to get back to a certain photo say the next day, I have to go through all shots again. And when I am in search for a photographer for a certain job, I don't want to see all his photo's, but I want to just pick out the few that have a reference to that job.

- Your bio and contact buttons are very hidden.

Cheers, Jeroen

I like the neat, clean appearance, but would agree with Jeroen about the navigation. The other thing you might want to look at is the colour of the 'visited' links, they are much too close in tone to the background colour.

Great set of images too - my wife would like to buy some of your trees...

Thanks for replying guys. Some good points that I'll have to think about. I have to admit, I designed this using Firefox, and it does look ****ty in IE. The visited links color doesn't even show up in firefox because css supersedes it.

Site looks pretty good all around, only two things I saw, which have already been said

The visited link color is almost invisible, and you should add some thumbnails so I could skip around to the ones that I like the most

Also if you're going for that one pixel border look, you can do something like this
<table bgcolor="#FFFFFF" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1">
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#000000">whatever</td>
</tr>
</table>
It's just using cellspacing instead of border to get the color, the border color will be the table's bgcolor, and then just set the cell color

Although you should ideally be using CSS to style everything (it'd be much easier too), but this will get you a nice one pixel border in both browsers

Thanks Ian :) When I originally went with this layout about 6 months ago (same basic design, different color scheme), I attempted to do all of the layout in CSS, but could not for the life of me, get it to work. When I actually have time to sit down and learn what I'm doing, I would love to redesign it that way.

Thanks again everyone. I fixed the site to work correctly in IE. Thank you again Ian for your little trick. Works great. I'm keeping in mind your other suggestions, but I just don't have time at the moment to implement thumbnails.

Very nice!

One more thing I saw is that I would make the back/forward arrows change color on rollover, probably to the same color as the links

Looking good though!

I'd go with Ian's point regarding the nav buttons, but to be honest that's very minor in the overall scheme of things - I've seen much worse presented in these parts as professional (i.e they were prepared to take money off people) websites.

Worth noting that as a consequence of this thread, I finally got off my arse and downloaded Firefox. As things stand I'm not seeing any major discrepancies between its presentation and IE7, but early days and all that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back