Website stealing and selling images

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I figured this would be the best place to post this. A friend of mine in Canada sent me a message about a website called wallpart.com They seem to be using a webcrawler and stealing images and then selling them. The website has a redirect for US IP addresses. I think many people here might be affected by this. I was hoping someone might know the best plan of action?
This is a screenshot from my phone when I was briefly able to get in. I know some of my images are hacked from 500px (they are the high res version from their store) and I have already emailed them.. Dropbox - Screenshot 2015-07-06-23-51-36.png

Other images just seemed plucked from google and other sources.

I looked and they have dozens of my images as well. But when I click on the thumb, someone else's image comes up.

I'm not so sure this is stealing? They are offering an image search engine and only selling the service of printing. It's no different than someone taking your image from 500px and taking it down to the local print shop to have it hung on their wall.

Terms of Service
WallPart Respect the copyright of others.
This means we don't steal photos or images that other people have shared and pass them off as your own.
We have no base of images, and doesn't host and store the image on servers.
Wallpart.com only helps the user to find the images interesting him, the site uses data of the most known third-party search engines.
Process of search happens at user's browser.
The user himself makes search queries, all content displayed in a window of the browser is received from third-party search engines.
The displayed images are loaded from third-party servers, and aren't host on the site hosting.
When the user make the order, we get the image from the user, he is responsibility for use.
Wallpart.com doesn't bear responsibility for the images received from users.

Napster lost that lawsuit...

Iron - its copyright infringement. Otherwise you could take books, movies or anything else and just sell the "printing" services. The content itself is protected and as such they are indeed stealing. That they have found back doors into highres versions on online-hosts means that they've been doing this long enough and are certainly in it for the theft.

Chances are you can send a DMCA takedown order and get the website shut down; but they likely know this and will setup again under another site. Spreading awareness and keeping on-top of such groups is the only way.

Thats the internet webs for you. As long as there out there to public view, there is always going to be risk of theft. I remember a while back one of my Osprey shots and Coastalconn shots was on someones blog that they plucked from flicker.

Even if they are not selling anything, they do not have the right to post them on their site.

Thats the internet webs for you. As long as there out there to public view, there is always going to be risk of theft. I remember a while back one of my Osprey shots and Coastalconn shots was on someones blog that they plucked from flicker.

That means we merely need to be vigilant, not simply accept that there will be those that steal.

Funny ... their "Contact Us" on the main page is disabled.
But it works on other pages.

yeah, Napster tried that route before.

But it works on other pages........

Maybe that's intentional on their part.
fiufiu.gif

But it works on other pages........

Maybe that's intentional on their part.
fiufiu.gif
That's what I was thinking ... too many ppl complaining.

That's why you send both them and the site's host the DMCA notice. I've already done so with one of my images.

Strange thing is, when you search for an image, it will come up. Repeat the search, and it won't. It's a crapshoot. So make sure you copy the URL and take a screenshot of any of your images you find.

How do you guys find your images that someone else has, is it stumbled upon or is there some search thing you guys do? I really don't know,thats why i ask.

Their contact information page...

[Removed image per @KmH request. See this post for contact information.]

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back