Website stealing and selling images

I emailed them last night and notified them of my copyrighted images they wet trying to sell.. They quickly removed all of my images. I urge you to do the same if you are on there.. I also got an email back from 500px and they are aware of the website and are investigating it. Of course that web site knows that there are 1000's of people that will be oblivious that there images are there..

can you share there email address and i would say that every TPF member should send an email

How do you guys find your images that someone else has, is it stumbled upon or is there some search thing you guys do? I really don't know,thats why i ask.
You can try tineye.com
can you share there email address and i would say that every TPF member should send an email
If you can actually get on the site I kept hitting contact us and a window eventually popped up. I also clicked report violation under each of my images..

I emailed them last night and notified them of my copyrighted images they wet trying to sell.. They quickly removed all of my images. I urge you to do the same if you are on there.. I also got an email back from 500px and they are aware of the website and are investigating it. Of course that web site knows that there are 1000's of people that will be oblivious that there images are there..

How do you guys find your images that someone else has, is it stumbled upon or is there some search thing you guys do? I really don't know,thats why i ask.
You can try tineye.com
If you can actually get on the site I kept hitting contact us and a window eventually popped up. I also clicked report violation under each of my images..

i cant get to there contact

They probably use a randomizer that goes through known archive websites. So your photos could appear now or later. Such a system means they don't see every photo at all; the computer does it all randomly for them. By being random they avoid getting caught as quickly (because people only search once or twice every so often); and they then just need an exceptions addition in their code to allow them to add exceptions for those who do catch them - since most people will stop complaining once their content is down. Of course nothing stops them putting that persons content back up at a latter date

Napster may have tried that route before, but the music industry is more well funded than the photography-- I assume.

Their contact information page...
Which is copyrighted, so unless you have rights to use the photo you can't post it here on TPF according to TPF's rules.
You can however post a link to the page.

Not sure is this is the same thing but.
Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 11.17.11 AM.png

Oh, and my profile picture from Twitter is on there... haha

Their contact information page...
Which is copyrighted, so unless you have rights to use the photo you can't post it here on TPF according to TPF's rules.
You can however post a link to the page.
:icon_crazy:

I guess two wrongs don't make a right...

So... Their contact information:

They're located just down the street from Newtown Station at:

921 King St, Newhouse
Tele: 2300 751 017

Apparently their shop hours are Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, and Sat from 10 am to 6 pm, Thurs from 10 am to 7 pm, and Sun from 10 am to 5 pm.

Also, they have a contact form on their website if anyone wants to submit any comments. Go here: Contact Us

They probably use a randomizer that goes through known archive websites. So your photos could appear now or later. Such a system means they don't see every photo at all; the computer does it all randomly for them. By being random they avoid getting caught as quickly (because people only search once or twice every so often); and they then just need an exceptions addition in their code to allow them to add exceptions for those who do catch them - since most people will stop complaining once their content is down. Of course nothing stops them putting that persons content back up at a latter date

If you right-click on any image that comes up, you can see that the image is hosted on their site..... such as http://wallpart.com/adder/preview/2-costa-print-poster-911720398.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back