TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just recently created a web site that has a "easy web builder tool"
that isnt so easy..

for those who have there own dot coms... were you versed in html or css or did you use templates, and if so where from?

all help would be greatly appriciated, right now im paying for a site i cant publish...

I hired a web designer to take care of everything. I do not have the time to be bothered with free web hosting and all that stuff. Of course it comes at a price.

Love & Bass

I did a trade with a web designer for a very basic site about two years ago. Now I'm ready to move up and have a fancier website so I paid a lot of money for a neat one from bludomain.com

I was going to teach myself how to make one but then realized that I just don't have the time to be doing that. I want to perfect the craft of photography, not web design. Plus, I sort of felt it was similar to all of the people out there with digital cameras who all think they can take their own pictures and have them be just as good as a professionals. Why would I think I can just pick up a book and create an awesome website?

If you don't have the $ to spend on a good website right now, perhaps you could try to find someone who does them and offer a trade for your photography services? Good luck!

I am using a combination of Joomla and a photo gallery program to create my website. I was doing websites and such long before I was doing photography, so that kind of helps. ;)

If you want an example, you can look at me and a friends DJ website: http://lifeafter2am.net

HA... I teach myself everything... until I get the flashpallette i'm working on I made an html/css page with the simpleviewer flash gallery to do me for now.

I just research, research, research........

ETA: I did all my buttons & headers and things like that in photoshop and used the table tag of html to put everything in the right positions.

bludomain.com

I'm still working on my site, and am still on a free host. I want to eventually convert my old computer into a linux serer, but will think about that when I finish. I made it all in Photoshop CS3 and Dreamweaver CS3. Oh, and my gallery was made with Lightroom (it may not work in firefox).

http://chrisk121.110mb.com

Most reactions

Back