website

Hi Amanda,

Here are a couple other things you need to think about.

1. Your photos load very slowly for being so small. I think you have not prepared them for web display.

2. Why do you market cheap prices? Would you personally want the cheapest photographer for your own wedding? Think what you would really want and market to that.

3. If you really do weddings for $350, you are, in reality, paying people to do their photography. You have not counted the true cost and I have little doubt that if you continue to undervalue yourself to that degree, you will soon burn out on photography altogether.

Kinda blunt, sorry. I've just seen it happen before.

You actually DO want text on your front page because this is what Google uses for rankings. The text must be very targeted and use key words, not just a generic introduction. Search Engine Optimization is a very specific skill set (there is a ton of info on it on the web).

I agree with that but my point is that you don't want your entire home page to be text only. Especially for a photographer's site.

Fun stuff isn't it Amanda? It can be a lot to swallow. Don't financial constraints suck? :er:

if she is new, she should give low prices...to uild her portfolio and because she doesnt have expierence to promise what a high price promises

I agree with that but my point is that you don't want your entire home page to be text only. Especially for a photographer's site.

Fun stuff isn't it Amanda? It can be a lot to swallow. Don't financial constraints suck? :er:

Yes this is correct as well. You need text for the rankings and images for your visitors. ESPECIALLY for photographers! :lol:

When I see the site name, I immediately think of Roger Moore drinking Bollinger.

I think all your prices are on the low side. I would raise them, personally with the bargain basement at around $1000.

You have some decent photos there although in your family section the lady with her back to you and the two children beside her looks chubby. It just makes it look as though the camera has made her chubby. Perhaps horizontally compress that one a little and it'd be fine?

Dump the gmail email address. Instead use a redirect on your domain and use a web form.

I have nothing against generic templates. I use one myself. As I say on my blog:
I run a business. I have a website. I spent very little money, time or attention to it as my business comes from word of mouth. Anything that comes from adverts is pretty scrappy to say the least. Anybody that believes advertising will attract more business is sadly misguided - it helps but a good reputation is what really matters. One day I might get around to completing sagephotoworld.com but it's not a high priority.

3. If you really do weddings for $350, you are, in reality, paying people to do their photography. You have not counted the true cost and I have little doubt that if you continue to undervalue yourself to that degree, you will soon burn out on photography altogether.

Kinda blunt, sorry. I've just seen it happen before.

The reason for this is I am still building my portfolio. After I have enough examples I will raise my prices to better suit my talent as a photographer. I do agree that is under priced, I never have anyone book that package however.

haha, yes, yes they do!

Rhys,
you said, " Dump the gmail email address. Instead use a redirect on your domain and use a web form."
What do you mean use a web form. Such as [email protected]? If so, I'm not sure how to obtain one!

THANK YOU ALL for all the help, seriously I really appreciate all the advise.

You might also want to reword your bio and the information on the price list page. On the price page, you start off writing in the first person and then you begin writing in the third person:

"Bollinger's Photography has the best prices around! I believe creating lasting memories should be affordable. I have creative poses that your friends and family will cherish for a lifetime. Amanda serves the Jonesboro, Arkansas area. Travel fees outside a 30 mile radius may apply. Below are the wedding collections, if you have any questions call or e-mail me."

It would be best to stick with one or the other.

haha, yes, yes they do!

Rhys,
you said, " Dump the gmail email address. Instead use a redirect on your domain and use a web form."
What do you mean use a web form. Such as [email protected]? If so, I'm not sure how to obtain one!

THANK YOU ALL for all the help, seriously I really appreciate all the advise.

Yes. When you bought your domain name you should have had email redirection as well as web redirection?

If you bought webspace with your domain name then check with your webspace provider as you should have email with it.

Anyway, it's more professional to use a web form or an email addressed via your own domain. Check my site: sagephotoworld.com. I built this using website baker.

all i can say is for your main page perhaps a photo in the back ground or in the main view with text below it or to the side. maybe even one of those sunset wedding picture silouhettes you were talking about, just to get the site away from the bland sort of white. just my two cents

all i can say is for your main page perhaps a photo in the back ground or in the main view with text below it or to the side. maybe even one of those sunset wedding picture silouhettes you were talking about, just to get the site away from the bland sort of white. just my two cents

Thanks for the advise, I will definitely add more portraits to the main page to change it up. I appreciate your help!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back