Website

Lally0724

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, I want to make a website for my business, but I have absolutely no idea where to start. I know what I want it to look like and stuff, but I just have no idea how to start making one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Lally

Go out and Buy Macromedia Dreamweaver, a case of your favorite adult beverages of choice and a big bottle of asprin. You'll need all three. I am currently working on a new design for myself and it usually requires hours of being pissed off and hitting my head on the table. But once you figure out what the problem was, then its a cake walk. Take a look at mine current one, I have limited server space so i have been killing off all the pages except the photo's section. I love the Gallery software i use(and its free), it automatically resizes everything to a size you determine (so no more long hours of photoshoping everything down to put online)

I think the hardest thing for me is picking out a domain name sometimes. I have purchased domain names through godaddy.com. I am friends with the guys who own this webhosting and design company www.brilliantdesign.net/ If you get overwelmed and want a good looking site, contact them. They do good work and have a reliable server. (sorry for the shameless plug)

If you like sharing your pics online in forums such as this, I recommend checking out photobucket.com. Sharing photos in forums is a good way to burn through a ton of bandwidth and Photobucket is free so why not use their bandwidth and save yours.

Links mentioned:

www.brberndt.com (my site, soon to be replaced with a much better one)
www.brilliantdesign.net (friends webhosting)
www.photobucket.com (good free image hosting)
http://gallery.menalto.com (AWSOME gallery software and its free :wink: )

Thanks again for your help. I looked into a course at my local community college. It's only $125, and one night a week for six weeks. At the end you are supposed to have a website. I think I'll take it, so I can atleast get some general knowledge.
Thanks again,
Lally

Most reactions

New Topics

Back