Websites done cheap!

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by judson, Feb 20, 2008.

1. judson

judson TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I need a website. At the moment, my budget is VERY tight. I need someone economical that does not look like @@$@$!

Anyone got suggestions for hosting and a webdesigner or something pre-canned that I can put up and run with?

2. THORHAMMER

THORHAMMER TPF Noob!

microsoft word

3. Richard

Richard TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    When you say cheap do you mean under 100 dollars? What is your budget?

4. Dagwood56

Dagwood56 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You can find many nice inexpensive templates online. Do a search for free web site templates. There are some nice ones for around $35 each. Ad far as web hosting, try "Tigertech" $75 a year.

5. Lyncca

Lyncca TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you don't mind doing a little work yourself, then templatemonster.com is great for templates.

6. Rhys

Rhys TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I used website Builder - I put it on my webspace and use it with a template that I modified very slightly. It's free. People here are likely to tell you whether it's good or whether it sucks. It costs nothing but time so try it.

7. brileyphotog

brileyphotog TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I use freewebs and I think mine looks decent. You can upgrade to your own domain for not too much. Link is in my signature.

8. Chris of Arabia

Chris of Arabia Herding cats since 1988... Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    http://www.oswd.org/ is also good for free templates.

If you want to consider learning to do it yourself at all, I'd recommend "Build your own website the right way using HTML & CSS" published by Sitepoint. It's very easy to follow and won't take you long at all to get the basics down. What's more it doesn't require that you have some fancy piece of software to begin with.

9. crazy_dragonlady

crazy_dragonlady TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I noticed that not one person here offered their services to you... I don't know if you've found someone to do your website or not but I have created a few websites... nothing spectacular and I don't do any flash but if you want a clean looking professional website I'm sure I could come up with something. As far as price... I am flexible depending on what you want done. PM me and we can talk.

If you would like an example of what I can do you could check out our old company website... the company is no longer in service and therefore the company information pages are no longer accessible but you can check out the general design ... just go here: http://www.absolutehomecomfort.com/misc.htm ... just remember there will be broken links.

If this type of reply is not allowed on here then please accept my apologies.

ttfn
    CDL.

10. derekclapham

derekclapham TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Judson,

I'm currently in the final stages of finishing an online service for photographers which might be of interest.

Basically it allows photographers to upload their images, arrange them into albums, set the pricing, create portfolios, set print sizes, paper types, options etc. It also allows the photographer to manage their customers and make certain photo albums public or private. There are also a number of color schemes and templates that will be available with many more to come.

Best of all, it allows you as a photographer to accept credit card from anywhere in the world securely.

Finally, it's free. The only charges are of course the Credit Card merchant fees that we get charged when your customers purchase from you, obviously we pass these fees on but they're automatically deducted from your customer income anyway.

I have a blog at http://photomerchant.net where I will be releasing more information as time goes on as well as posting tips for photographers trying to start or run a successful photography business. I've been working on this product / service for over a year now and it's just about ready to launch.

Anyhoo, feel free to keep the blog bookmarked or subscribe to the RSS feed. I'm posting about 3 times a week.

Derek
    http://photomerchant.net

11. lthienes

lthienes TPF Noob!

We used bludomain.com to create ours. Outstanding flash websites and hosting for super cheap!

12. D-50

D-50 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I was in a similar situation a couple months back. I taught myself Frontpage through web searches and asking questions on this and other forums. I found none of the template based site were what I was looking for (too generic) take a loko at www.ryandiciccophotography.com If you have front page I could help you build your own site. I had no prior experience in web design or anything close so if I can do it anyone can. Im not saying my site is great by any means but I like it better than a template based site.