Websites for Composition and Posing?

nala

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any good websites to learn more about composition and poses?

Thanks! :)

Thanks, Keith. I get that I can Google it. Just wondering if there were any that people actually recommend. Kinda like how there's 2,750,000 search results for lighting tutorials but if you ask anyone on this site they'll tell you Strobist is the best. Know what I'm saying?

Thanks, Buckster! I did scroll through the "tutorials" sticky before posting and didn't see any links for composition or posting on there. Thanks for the link.

Thanks, Buckster! I did scroll through the "tutorials" sticky before posting and didn't see any links for composition or posting on there. Thanks for the link.
Always glad to help if I can. :thumbup:

Me too! :thumbup:

You didn't mention having done any searching on your own hook.

So, did you? Google them before you posted that is. You never actually said.

Other than a portrait workshop I attended, almost all of what I have learned so far about photography has come from Googling and lurking around in photography message boards. However, the best information I have found has started with recommendations from either the workshop or users of the message boards and then I Google from there. Especially when it comes to something non-technical (no right or wrong way of doing something) it is nice to just have someone get you going on the right track before you go swimming in an endless sea of search results. Obviously users of this board have great photography skills, if there is a certain site that they love and would recommend, I'd like to know what it is. So, no, I hadn't Googled this yet, I chose to start with a different resource.

Please read this very short introduction Posing using the Zeltsman / Zucker Method

and then go to the free 16-chapter tutorial on classic posing and lighting.

http://jzportraits.home.att.net/

If you can manage to get past the dated hair and clothing, you might learn some extraordinarily valuable "why" information and less of the cheesy
"1,001 Proven Poses" charts sold for $39.95 all over the web.

www.photoinf.com has a number of interesting articles on composition in various areas of photography.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back