Websites for photography trends?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Blake.Oney, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Blake.Oney

Blake.Oney TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Are there any of them out there? I look at popphoto a lot , but it's mostly the newest gear and stuff, speaking of which, the Pentax K-r looks pretty neat for an entry camera. Anyway, The reason I'm looking is because I live in a very small, very behind town. There are a couple photographers in my area doing cookie cutter outdated things that people were crazy over years ago, but around here people still love it. I do more of my own thing, but for things like senior portraits where the people who are paying me like to be "ahead" of their peers or original, I think it would help to know some of the most current trends going on. I don't plan on doing it exactly how it's being done because I always like to put my own spin on things, but one of the things that really helps me with my number of clients and staying ahead of the competition is well, staying ahead of the competition, in terms of getting to the next "thing" first. I'm by no mean trying to "make it" with photography. I have a job also, but the extra money is awesome. Anyway, if anyone knows of a few sites like that it would be awesome. Thanks.

2. vtf

vtf No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Photgraphy is an art. People will flock to you based on your style. You can update your style but to constant change with every new fad or twist may not work. Do you have a style?

3. Blake.Oney

Blake.Oney TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I would like to think I do. With portraits, anyway. I should have worded that different. I more so meant post processing trends. It's more for senior portraits than anything. High school kids don't care about my style. They only want to be ahead of eachother.

4. pbelarge

pbelarge TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
  5. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Lets hear a couple of Cha-Chings!

Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching!

High school seniors frequently tell me something like the following: "I want something unique. Something no one else has had done. You know, what I mean? I want mine to be exactly like all the ones you did for Jessica M, Janet R. and Sue K. and Martha Y., 2 years ago." :lmao:

6. Blake.Oney

Blake.Oney TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Haha yea. When I first started I guess around a year and a half ago I put some selective color photo's and a couple sequences on my facebook and people went crazy over them.

7. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    Facebook and Myspace. Flickr and Photobucket.