wedding album pricing

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by guitarkid, Jun 26, 2006.

1. guitarkid

guitarkid TPF Noob!

hey guys, this is a great site and this my first post. i have been into photography, video editing, and audio engineering (along with guitarplaying) for the last 18 years. i'm only 34. i love it all. there's my introduction. i decided to incorporate digital wedding photography wtih video production of weddings. i'm now at the point of setting up wedding albums. i will be going with leathercraftsmen. i was curious, how much would any of you suggest the markup be on a wedding album? 2X's cost, 3X's, 1.5X's, etc. thanks, and i look forward to reading through many of these posts. great site!

steve

2. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    4x cost.

3. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I agree with Cindy, putting the album together takes a lot of time and effort, I charge 3-4 x cost depending on the album type.

4. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah, those puppies take a while. The digital albums take me a full day to do. The traditional albums take me even longer than that because I'm a dork and I get the photos in crooked. :)

5. Jason_Moore

Jason_Moore TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yup, same here. I do traditional albums. They take a long time to design. 2x~4x. Depending on what income level market you aim for. I try to target lower income couples. I use Artifex albums because they're affordable and they help me keep my costs down. The albums I get from them costs around 300. so 300 x 3 = 900 plus what I charge for my packages.

6. Bitter Jeweler

Bitter Jeweler Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks Jason, for bring a 5 year old dead thread back to life. Congratulations.

7. guitarkid

guitarkid TPF Noob!

hey guys, been awhile. i was looking through my old posts and decided to resurrect this one to see if you still feel the same way. I have an outstanding lab that does the full, top of the line design and leather bound heavy library digital albums! cost is about $600 so that would mean $2400 at 4x...that sounds crazy steep. in these rough times i have not sold one album, not to mention, received many clients at all. the price for my album of that nature is $950. I know most studios to an album like this quality at $1000. I'm focusing on ala carte package instead of multiple packages and they can add albums there if they wish.

8. fotograf biel

fotograf biel TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi, I offer different album for my clients. I just add 30% of the price my lab has and then another 500-700$ for the design, which I do in Photoshop or Indesign. So my albums are on my pricelist between 800 and 2000$. They're all high quality! Regards

9. Rkee

Rkee TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I agree with the economy I am letting my clients build their weddings ala carte . But I am try to make it affortable to get them an album . I have have allowed a gift prograpm to let wedding guest put toward there wedding album . Its another option reather then getting something they dont want or need.