wedding announcement help

C_lawgik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So, One of my friends is getting married and they want me to take their anouncement pictures. I have never done portrait photos before. So I need help:

How much should I charge?
Should we do them in the mornign afternoon or evening?
Whats a good 35mm B+w film for portraits?

any other advice is welcome

I did my friends' engagement pictures for free and they considered that as their wedding present. Plain and simple.

I've heard that afternoon is best for general portraits due to the Sun angle, but I really don't know of any justification for that (like why you couldn't do the morning when the Sun's at the complementary angle). It also depends on your style, like I've seen some beautiful shots on this site where the photo is a silhouette against the setting Sun.

No idea about film.

I like the later afternoon/early evening when the sun is setting AND the morning when the sun is rising. Also about the film, i'd go to your local camera store, a real camera store, not ritz or wolf (no offense to anyone who likes them but they dont have lots of film in stock) and they should have a fridge of film and maybe a little side rack, they usually dont stock bad film so just ask them if they have a really good black and white film.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back