Wedding considerations

SquirrelNuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I will be getting married on December 18th of this year. We are hiring a professional photographer, but I have asked a freidn fo mine to take some pictures on his own, and I will provide the equipment. I am looking for suggestions on anything else to get, and for film suggestions for a wedding.

I will be loaning him a Nikon N80 with SB-50DX speedlight. I currently have a 50/1.8D lens and a 35-80/3.3-5.6G (I think). I have a hood for the 50. I assume that I would want to purchase something with a longer focal length. I would prefer to stick with prime lenses, but I would not be 100% opposed to a zoom. I know Nikon has a 70-300G for about $130 that is very popular, but it has trouble with autofocus if it is dim.

I am currently in the market for the 105/2.8D Macro and will buy that one soon. What else should I get as far as lenses/filters, etc?

As far as the film goes, what is the absolute best for weddings? The lighting will be most likely flourescent. The cost of the film is not really an option, so I am open to anything.

-SquirrelNuts

Most reactions

New Topics

Back