Wedding Contracts

NO I DONT TAKE A DEPOSIT

sorry for shouting lol

dont be sorry i was not shouting just bad keyboard work. ha ha

i dont take a deposit and if they cancel thats life i suppose,

im very casual about it.

but take the pics very seriously

what sort of pics do you take ?

Ooohh, i thought you were shouting because you'd maybe said it before loads of times to others :D

The casual approach seems like a nice way of doing it, especially from the view of the client. A more relaxed feel is always easier for both parties involved i find. I think you're the first person i've come across that doesn't take some sort of deposit (not that that's a bad thing !) :thumbup:

Unfortunately i'm not professional so don't really take 'that' many pictures. I say unfortunately because i'd love to get paid for photography, but alas it's just a hobby of mine ! :( I do allsorts though, i like 'moody' landscapes, i like playing around with portraits etc. I do a few photos for friends bands and things like that. Nothing of a particuly high standard though ! :blushing::cry:

im not a pro.

i do it for a hobby.

but over the last 18 months been doing portraits and weddings for money.

ive checked out your website and they are good very good.
maybe you should charge!!!!!!

[glad you realised i was nt shoutig ha ha my typing is terrible]:lol:

Good Lord, I work toooo hard to do a 8-12 hour day, and 60 hours post for "speculation".
I have a product. They can see my work. I am willing to show them every file I have, if that is what they chose to do. But with me, they buy the product up front. Period. My time is too valuable.
I am working with another forum member here who is basically getting boned on all the hard work she's put in.
All it takes is once, and you will never go down that path again. For many of us, it doesn't even take a once. We've learned from the experiences of others.

if someone cancelled on me say the morning of the wedding i would be like 'oh well lets go to the beach instead'

but as i have said before it is not the way i pay my bills.

i would feel different if the mortgage depended on it i suppose.

what does 'getting boned' mean

i know what it means in english and im SURE it must mean something dfferent on the other side of the pond

im not a pro.

i do it for a hobby.

but over the last 18 months been doing portraits and weddings for money.

ive checked out your website and they are good very good.
maybe you should charge!!!!!!

[glad you realised i was nt shoutig ha ha my typing is terrible]:lol:

Wow, it's good that you can make money off your hobby, AND something as fun as photography :D (but im sure it loses some 'fun' factor when it becomes a job :grumpy:)

Thank you for the kind words too ! :blushing: I have kind of been (trying to) build up a little portfolio before maybe charging a bit (people wouldn't really want to pay someone with no proof of what they can do !).

You arn't considering going pro with photography ?

no way.

far too much pressure to earn money an i think that needing to earn the money would get in the way of the fun of it.

i work part time to help with the bills and also look after my son along with my husband.

i just like taking pics and people started to want to pay me for my efforts which was good.

Yeah, i know exactly what you mean. Still early days for me, and i don't have any overheads yet, so i end up spending money on silly things (i can't save money to save my life !).

I'd still love to be able to work with photography though, but i'm sure the reality isn't as dreamy as i picture it ! :D

as i read all your postings. it makes me realized how important to work more harder so that we can save our lives financially.. and to give a nice future to our upcoming families..... =)

Hi Cindy, great stuff as is your usual!

I do have a thought though, under the copyright header you state that

>"Title (possession) of and copyright to all products shall remain with Visions in White until client has paid in full."<

This implies that the copyright will change hands after payment in full is made. Even though transfer of copyright is mentioned later in the same paragraph with the print right clause, I think you might want to nail this opening down.

FWIW

mike

Thank you Mike, that's a great catch.
I've been changing all my paperword to read "unlimited print rights" so that's just the type of thing that I need to take care of.
Thank You!

Most reactions

Back