Wedding flower sites

Luminosity

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I've been doing a google search for different types of flowers I can look at in regards to my bouquet. Strangely enough, I've not been coming up with a site that has a large range....just a few photos here and there of already-arranged bouquets that aren't really up my alley.

I'm liking lillies (calla, stargazer etc) and frangipanis et al. Wanted to see what else was out there though. Keeping deep-red roses in the back of my mind also.

Anyone know of sites that have like an A-Z list of flowers with photos?

I did look! I tried to find what you were looking for! :( Sorry I can't help more.

Are you designing your own bouquet? If you're using a a florist I bet they would have some sites/suggestions for you. I'm horrible with flowers, my Mom did my wedding bouquet and it was all flowers from her garden. I have to say that I LOVE how a simple clutch of calla lillies looks! Here's a link to some gorgeous boquets and they name all the flowers that where used.

http://weddings.theknot.com/gallery/gallery_results.aspx?gallery=20

Thanks Alison and EB :hug: !

Did you sign up to The Knot when you were planning yours and Aubs wedding? It's a handy site! I had a look through the Knots gallery a few days ago and there werent any bouquets that made me go "Yep!"

Think I'm gonna go simple, either lillies or deep red roses. I just have to let the wedding planner know what flowers I like and go back and forth with her and the florist. Might leave the 'wedding' out of my google search for flowers.

I just noticed something weird going on with my ticker...yesterday it said "10 months until our wedding day"....now today it says 9 months, 4 weeks and 2 days...

Ummm, isnt that then 10 months and 2 days ? :lol:

Luminosity said:
I just noticed something weird going on with my ticker...yesterday it said "10 months until our wedding day"....now today it says 9 months, 4 weeks and 2 days...

Ummm, isnt that then 10 months and 2 days ? :lol:

Those tickers get screwy like that sometimes. :lol:

I didn't use them, but a lot of the brides I work with have and really liked the resources. Our planning consisted of making a reservation for dinner and clearing use of the town park for the ceremony :lol:

Alison said:
I didn't use them, but a lot of the brides I work with have and really liked the resources. Our planning consisted of making a reservation for dinner and clearing use of the town park for the ceremony :lol:

Somethin beautiful about the concept of keepin it simple, eh chica! I fear I'm morphing into a bridezilla haha. :bounce: :geek:

Luminosity said:
Strangely enough, I've not been coming up with a site that has a large range....just a few photos here and there of already-arranged bouquets that aren't really up my alley.

Sorry I don't know of any sites for you. I will say that a lot of florists sites are kind of deceptive and they end up sending what they have, maybe not what you want. I would try and chose flowers that are easy to get and even better, in season. I would try a couple of local florists and see what their connections are (some do certain flowers well). I agree with keeping it simple. A few really nice flowers can look just as elegant as some of the other more exotic ones. My parents, among other things, owned a florist. They were the type that would go out of their way to make wedding flowers special. That is the kind of person you need.

Most reactions

Back