Wedding Galleries - Overkill or appropriate?

Cinka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm in the middle of designing my website - or rather, a long overdue upgrade.

I've started shooting weddings and am building the galleries now. I'm wondering, I've seen some photographers show off entire wedding galleries for each couple they shoot (or rather, the ones they want to show off) and some photographers hand pick one from each wedding.

Is showing a handful from a wedding overkill, say 20? Or should I just suck it up and pick a few faves from each event? What does everyone else do?

Thanks!

If you show a series of images from only one wedding it makes it look like you've only ever done one wedding ;) That is not good for you in advertsing your skills or business.

I would show a good range of photos from different weddings, showcase your best in a variety of situations; but which also allows you to effectivly display the style of work that you produce.
20 is not a bad number either and I would not go far past it for one area (if you split into say portrature/trash the dress etc.. clearly you will need to add other galleries to showcase those areas). The key is not to overwhelm the viewer as they likley won't spend overly long on your website. Further less loads faster which is always to be considered when making a website.

Also I encourage you to have a listen to these crits by Zack - good info in them from basic photography through to website design and portfolio content.
zarias.com :: The blog of editorial photographer Zack Arias Critique

Most reactions

Back