Wedding Insurance

The guy I work for carries a 1M dollar policy. About $1200 a year. If for some reason you can't produce and they decide to sue, you have plenty of backup. If the bride steps on a cord and her dress catches on fire......then the Mother in Law has a heart attack while the ambulance is pulling up as the church is exploding (which you have plugged a cell phone charger into) and they blame it on you.....they're stupid.

Lawsuits happen. If you don't think they'll happen to you.........they could. My ex and I lost ALL of our wares at a horse show in AZ a few years ago. They are putting blame (partially) on an art vendor that had halogen lights on his paintings. I was very impressed with his lights because they were so small and cool (what painter wants lights burning his ****?). Never the less, the blame will be put on someone and they will go for whomever.

At the time of the show, we had a 1M liability only policy. None of our stuff was covered. Lawsuit still pending after 4 years.

Business insurance IS important, don't knock it. Just get it.

what do you mean by this? what is the world coming to? a wedding photographer is a business person like any other. When you are in business yo uneed insurance it is just a fact of life. I think the advent of digital has made it more necesarry just because there are more amatuers getting into the business for fun and do not take it seriuosly enough and screw it up and get themselves in trouble. That is pretty much why all the horror stories are out there now.
Screw Weddings! Just for that!
I don't WANT the responsibility of messing with what is supposed to be a (1) special day. I have done 2 weddings for friends for trade only. I don't want the risk of feeling bad when a bride says she looks "FAT".............Baby.......It ain't the camera.....It's your A$$!!

Most reactions

Back