TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ummonshadow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This Saturday,
it will be just 3 weeks to my wedding.

There is still so much to be paid for, I thought that we had sorted most things out.
But we made a list last night and there is no chance of us being able to afford everything now.
Still have to pay for:
-The DJ
-My suit hire
-The wedding cake
-Part of Swe's dress
-A place to stay for our wedding night

We had planned to met up with Swe's friends in London and spend a few days with them as they're visiting from Canada for the wedding and wanted to see London, but we can't afford that.
We were also hoping to go away for a couple of days as a mini-honeymoon, but guess what... can't afford it.

We also have no photographer for the wedding, again, we can't afford it.
So we are just hoping some of our guests get some decent shots and I'll have to do what I can with them in post-processing.

It's crazy.
I just want to get married to Swe.

Why are weddings so much hassle?

We should have just gone to Vegas and had an Elvis wedding, those wedding packages are way cheaper than what we are having to pay.
We wanted a tiny littlw wedding, but still the cost keeps growing.

I blame my self for not being able to find work at the moment and I'm not able to help in any way, shape or form.

Quite depressing.

Matt

Go for it with what you have - I don't envy you lot, it was much easier 40 years or so ago. Photos - if you have a pal with a dslr make sure they have plenty of memory and shoot in RAW - set to Programme and just under 1 stop fill in flash and give them a list of what pictures the Ladies want and tell everybody to give them a clear shot first - you will be amazed at the results - Cake - ready iced from a supermarket and a couple of fun figures on the top - the guests won't care! Honeymoon - enjoy one later when you hare both recovered from the last few weeks of stress. My nephew got married 4 weeks ago - the full works and will be in debt for years! Photographer cost £1200 and 4 weeks on still no proofs. I took about 250 images and they all had them in a couple of days!

Enjoy your day - and most of all enjoy the years afterwards! Good on the pair of you!

It may sound cheesey but what I have seen in 2 weddings are Cupcake towers that are VERY NICELY decorated woth Chocalte and Fruit on top..

Don't worry about what you don't or can't have. Just be happy that you are getting married and that your friends & family are there to celebrate with you. I know that when you are getting married...each and every little detail is a big deal...but when you step back from it, and look at the big picture...the little things aren't really that important.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back