Wedding + Old mansion = Really fun

uberben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.benberndtphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This past weekend I shot two weddings. One on friday and one on Saturday. The wedding on friday was actually for two good friends of mine that I actually introduced to each other. It was at a really old mansion near downtown minneapolis, mn. I was very excited to shoot the photos there since we don't really have many places like that in minnesota. One thing that struck me as a challenge going into the shoot was the darkness that was just about everywhere. I can hold my own with flash and have a pretty decent wireless flash setup, but I prefer to shoot available light since it produces a more natural photo. This place really gives of a lot of moody shots and I tried to incorporate that into some of the photos. When I was scouting the location a couple weeks ago, I fell in love with the bridal suite room. When the bride said she was getting ready in there, I was just pumped. The first photo was taken in there, but what you can't see is all the really cool mirrors on one of the walls for the bridemaids to get ready and then a huge mirror thats stands from floor to ceiling on a seperate wall. I need to post some more photos from that room on here later. Probably the best getting ready shots that I have ever shot.
~Ben

schank1.jpg

schank2.jpg

schank3.jpg

schank4.jpg

schank5.jpg

Wow - awesome setting and what a gorgeous couple! I'd like to see more.

The last one posted seem to be sagging slightly on the right side - both the columns and the roof seem a tad crooked.

Ben, these are LOVELY!!!!

Only one I have the tiniest bit of cc on is the third one - I you used a slightly narrower ap so that the bride in the room wasn't quite so blurred!

But truely BEAUTIFUL shots! Would love to see some more!

Anelle

Stella, are saying distorted? No way around that I with my 12-24 I guess. I was really trying to avoid having them have giraffe legs since I was close to them.

Anelle: Yeah, yeah...I was thinking the same thing after the fact. I was trying to keep my shutter speed up a little since I was shooting handheld in pretty low light.

I will post more tonight when I get home. I have a ton of great shots from this one.

Stella, are saying distorted? No way around that I with my 12-24 I guess. I was really trying to avoid having them have giraffe legs since I was close to them.

No - looks to me like it's just a degree or so tipped to one side, like it needs a slight rotate to the left....wait, damn......is it just me? Must cut out the lunchtime margaritas. :lol:

Really like #1, wallpaper makes it a classic shot. I hope you did more in that location.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back