Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All,
I posted this in one of the other galleries but I think most people in those other galleries aren't used to this type of stuff. So I thought I'd post it here.

IMG_5730_crop_overlay.jpg

Done with overlays (or textures some people call them), desat, PS lighting, vignette.
I'm really enjoying doing this new style. Not this full on all the time of course, but the whole overlay thing is awesome i reckon. Here's a couple of landscapes I did.

USA-Holiday-33-overlay.jpg

I think i went a bit hardcore on this washington one.
USA-Holiday-41-overlay.jpg

Comments and Critique and welcome, of course. :mrgreen:

I like the wedding image. Not so keen on the landscapes though. If the perspective of the column was corrected it might help.

One or two shots like this among more traditional wedding photos would be cool in my opinion. I like the first photo for sure. Two is ok as it just looks like an old photo from the 60s. The third I'm not so keen on.

where was the second one taken?

I can't really remember, as parts of my USA holiday are a bit of a blur. But I think it's Myrtle Beach... or somewhere around there. All these houses had funny boardwalks out over sand dunes to get to the beach and then there was this weird wooden doorway thingymajig.

How do you do that technique?

OR can you tell me what its called.. I can google it. I personally love the technique.. Not digging the landscape shots... but the wedding is very nice.

Search for Overlays, or Textures on flickr. There are a few groups devoted to it.

I can't really remember, as parts of my USA holiday are a bit of a blur. But I think it's Myrtle Beach... or somewhere around there. All these houses had funny boardwalks out over sand dunes to get to the beach and then there was this weird wooden doorway thingymajig.

yep, myrtle beach

I love texture overlays, but these seem almost too extreme. It's almost too much and distracting. I almost loose interest because I concentrate too much on the texture. Dunno, just my two cents....I probably over do it on mine as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back