Wedding photographer for Saskatchewan Canada

outlier

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi There,

I've been on the forum for awhile and recently got engaged. I'm from Calgary Canada but we are getting married next summer in Saskatchewan (about 2 hours north of Saskatoon). I was wondering if any of the Canadians on the board know of a good photographer who they could recommend. Thanks!

Derek

I don't know of any members from Saskatchewan...sorry. There was a guy in Winnipeg, who was pretty good...but that's no closer than here.

Congrats on getting engaged. :D

Thanks for the reply Mike. Do you know of any albertan photographers who travel to Sask for weddings?

Well, I'm sure than many photographers would travel to Sask. but you would have to pay for their travel and accommodations. The few photographers that I would recommend in Edmonton, have pretty much said that they prefer not to travel because they can book most dates with local weddings, so it's not worth the trouble.

I'm sure there are some great photographers who are local to the Saskatoon area...you will just have to find one that works for you.

That is what I feared. Photogs are getting booked up quickly and it is hard to know who is going to do a good job and how much they are worth....:confused: Thanks again for your input.

Well, I'm sure than many photographers would travel to Sask. but you would have to pay for their travel and accommodations. The few photographers that I would recommend in Edmonton, have pretty much said that they prefer not to travel because they can book most dates with local weddings, so it's not worth the trouble.

I'm sure there are some great photographers who are local to the Saskatoon area...you will just have to find one that works for you.

Well, you should still have time to book a good photographer...but do it before the end of the year.

You will just have to choose a photographer like most people, Google it and check out who is avaliable in the area. You could call people who live in the area (friends & family) and ask for recommendations. You could call the other vendors (church, hall, caterer etc), I'm sure they would have a recommendations.

It does complicate things that you are in Calgary, trying to plan a wedding in Saskatchewan...but it shouldn't be too hard.

Hi Mike,

Good advice. It is slightly more complicated than that for me. Although I live in Calgary I am currently living and travelling in Australia, Vietnam, Thailand, Dubai, Italy, Belgium, and England for the next 6 months or so. This makes it expensive and difficult to call random photographers and I cannot meet with them at all in person to look at their work. I have already done the google thing and saw options but nothing that stuck out. We are also getting married in a place I have never seen or visited and has a small population where just about everyone from the hair stylists to the cake baker have to be transported at minimum of 2 hours from Saskatoon. We have no family who live within a five hours drive of this place or know of anyone in the area who does these things. I'm not complaining. I just want you to know that I am not lazy about finding someone, I'm merely trying to use what resources I have (such as the forum) to try to narrow the search a bit. :confused:

Well, you should still have time to book a good photographer...but do it before the end of the year.

You will just have to choose a photographer like most people, Google it and check out who is avaliable in the area. You could call people who live in the area (friends & family) and ask for recommendations. You could call the other vendors (church, hall, caterer etc), I'm sure they would have a recommendations.

It does complicate things that you are in Calgary, trying to plan a wedding in Saskatchewan...but it shouldn't be too hard.

That does complicate things...buy now I'm wondering why in the world you are getting married in a remote place where you don't have any family. I guess I shouldn't pry :er:

Most reactions

Back