Wedding Photographers here? Advise Needed

My vote just based on the website portfolios would be Theresa I think. Have you contacted any of the three in person? I think that meshing well with them is a huge deal on your wedding day.

Are they laid back and seem easy going? How much time would each say is the "ideal" time for posed portraits? Are they all business talk or are you able to just chat with them comfortably? Get a copy of their contracts and read the fine print.

For me, it was more about the "moments" than the posed portraits and standard shots. The extra hugs, the laughing, whispers... Not just between my husband and I. Between my parents. Between me and my sister. Between my guests who are family and don't get to see each other often.

I first contacted my photographer online to check if she was available for our date.. She was and suggested we meet up for coffee to discuss style, contract, etc. We fit well together and I felt that she understood the laid back vibe that we really wanted.

You need to be able to trust her completely - the last thing you need on your wedding day is to be worried about her either not getting the shots you want or, clashing with her and having tension there the entire day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just fly me there. I would love to do another FL wedding ;).

Wedding photographer in the Tampa area, hmmm. I think that I'd see if Pete Collins was available and in my price range. (You never know, you might get someone like Scott Kelby, RC, Matt K shooting second for you.)

I know, not the answer to your question but it's something look at.

With the number of photographers 'borrowing' pictures from other sites for their website, I wouldn't pick from website images alone.

If you are going for a more classic timeless capture, I would go with Theresa, but if you enjoy a little more character in your photos, I personally like Jonathan Hare's style. Regina has good work, but her website is lacking terribly and her crops are poorly thought out.

Lew had a good point. When we were in California someone grabbed half of the images in our wedding portfolio off our website for their weddding website. How did we find out? They emailed us saying what great work we did!! At least it was'nt a photographer--it was a caterer in L.A..

So, as a PPA, Certified, Master Photographer, having been doing weddings for over 25-years I suggest anyone looking for a photographer for ANY kind of photography--Especially Weddings--go to the PPA website ( PPA.com ) and go to FIND A PHOTOGRAPHER, enter the zip code or the city and state and you be shown all the PPA member photographers there. I suggest you look for at least a CPP ( Certified Professional Photographer ) and if you can afford their rates, a Master Photographer would be even better.

In addition you must have an in person meet-up to really see if you can establish the begining of a personal connection and find out about how your photographic team ( some of the BEST wedding photographers in the world are husband & wife teams--like me and my wife here at the Storytellers ) will go about photographing your day.

Yes, several of our people here on the forum noted that the photographer's website was not the only thing to consider--even when looking at image quality. I agree--you must also look at the photographer's wedding albums to see how they tell complete stories of other people's weddings. This is really important!! Even if you are not going to buy an album from your photographer--knowing that they can show the complete story of a wedding day in an artistic style that you like is what you should look for.
Best of luck, Jerry V.

Last edited:
If I were to have Jonathan shoot for me, I'd have to provide him one of these:

Tool-level.jpg

he definitely has a style, but it's not my cup.

Does that come with a mount for my D5100? Lol

You can actually buy small leveling cubes with adaptors.

Wholesale Other Camera Accessories - Buy 3 Axis Camera Level Balancer on Camera Flash Hot Shoe Balance Level, $7.49 | DHgate

Most reactions

New Topics

Back