Wedding Photographers - What Shoes Do You Wear?

For the record, this is the exact outfit I wear to weddings (select the blue shirt) Extra Slim Geo Print Shirt Express

Same pants, belt and all that jazz. I love express.

sounds like this is dressy for your employer, but in a lot of places this would be under-dressed. Black slacks, white shirt, tie, and yes, a suit coat for something as formal as a wedding.

I try to dress up so I wear my finest pair of work boots.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
But we're constantly booked. From March - September, it's like 2 weddings a month. Plus other events, such as filming commercials or whatever. There's no "____ Studio are slobs" mantra floating around, surprisingly. Everyone loves this family.

Some studios are significantly more booked up than that. Back when I did weddings, the studio minimally had one wedding every saturday in peak wedding months ... but usually two. It was uncommon to have just 1 wedding in a weekend. We were usually booked solid nearly a year in advanced and sometimes as much as 3 years in advance (that was typical when a bride wanted a _very_ hard to book venue for the wedding & reception.) We sometimes had 3 weddings in a single weekend (that was rare but it did happen a few times per year.)

We always wore suite & tie. I did try to get comfortable (but professional) shoes. Hush Puppies are good (but the soles do wear out fast -- they tend to be soft material).

The shoes I wear now are Johnston & Murphy dress shoes with their "trampoline" cushion system. Of all the dress shoes I've ever worn, they were the first shoes that were comfortable the very first time I put them on.

You might also consider insoles.

fwiw, just buy them on amazon or zappos with free shipping and return shipping and try out a bunch.

I bought a pair of nice shoes for a wedding (guest) and ultimatly ended up in sneakers they hurt so bad.

I have to dress business causal every day, so I needed something I could wear 5 days a week. I really like the Hush Puppies. They are padding and the sole is soft. If had some that had stiff leather without padding, and the sole felt like cardboard--in fact, my foot would actually get hurt when drving my standard transmission from the load of the clutch pedal.

Bruno Maglis or nothing. If they were good enough for OJ then they're going to be good enough for a wedding.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back