Wedding Photography...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dab_20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wasn't sure where this should go. I'm going to be the main photographer for my mom's wedding. It's a not going to be a big event, just with close family. I was curious as to which size lens would be most helpful... I'm thinking I'll use my 40-150 mm lens...?
And have you found any good resources or books worth recommending? Any basic tips or anything would be helpful, too. I've been reading a wedding photojournalism book which I'm more interested in than traditional wedding photography.

And pick up a 50mm f/1.8. You will have to MF on your d40 but it will be worth it

Unfortunately I have no money to buy a new lens. So I either use my 14-45mm or 40-150mm.

Take both. It's not unusual to use numerous lenses throughout the day.

That said, why, oh why, isn't anyone hiring a wedding photographer?

I'd definitely take both. And if this is her second wedding, I know it's pretty usual to not make a huge deal about it. Especially if she's older. For her it's basically an excuse to see family...not be a bride again. In which case I wouldn't blame her for not hiring a photog.

I'd definitely take both. And if this is her second wedding, I know it's pretty usual to not make a huge deal about it. Especially if she's older. For her it's basically an excuse to see family...not be a bride again. In which case I wouldn't blame her for not hiring a photog.

You're right. She's not making a big deal about the wedding so she wasn't going to hire a photographer even if I didn't do photography.

Thank you for the advice. I may consider renting another body.

Bear in mind that it's extremely hard to find places that rent Oly gear... So, you may want to leave yourself enough time on the rental for a crash course in whatever system you rent.

Hmmm thank you. I have used a Canon dSLR before, so maybe I'll look for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back